Sliders are awesome because you don’t have to commit to eating an entire burger, but you can eat 5 in a row and still call it diet food because they’re so teeny.
These lamb sliders pair perfectly with cool tzatziki sauce (I made a lazy version of this) and it turned out great even though I didn’t measure anything and used dried dill instead of fresh.
Feta and olives would’ve taken these sliders to the next level but unfortunately I didn’t think that far ahead when I went to the grocery store. This is why everyone should have backup olives in their fridge in case of lamb slider emergencies!
Recipe: makes 12 sliders
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tbsp olive oil (or grapeseed)
- 12 slider buns
- tzatziki sauce (link above)
- feta & olives, optional
- Mix together lamb, onion, bread crumbs, and spices in a bowl.
- Put your cast iron/frying pan onto your stove on medium-high heat with some oil.
- While you’re waiting for the pan to heat up, shape the meat mixture into 12 patties. Put a little donut-like dent in the middle so it doesn’t puff up too much while cooking (Thanks Rachael Ray).
- The patties should sizzle when they hit the pan. They take approximately 3-4 minutes to cook on each side.
- While you’re waiting for the patties to cook, slice the buns and get ready to grill them on the pan when the patties are all done.
- When the patties are done, place the buns cut-side down on the hot pan for a minute just until they’re golden.