I’m officially obsessed with avocado now! Meaning I’ll probably eat it 3 times a day for 2 weeks then forget about it for a year. But I’m hoping that won’t happen because it has so many great health benefits.
Today, I was starving when I woke up and decided to incorporate avocado into my breakfast since I still had some left from yesterday’s sandwich. I wish I had time to make sandwiches like this every morning because it’s such a great start to the day!
- 1 Tbs butter
- sliced mushrooms & onions
- cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat and add the onions when the butter starts sizzling.
- After a minute or so, add the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms look soft, fry (or scramble) an egg in the same pan.
- Salt and pepper the egg.
- While you’re waiting for the egg to cook to your liking, preheat the panini grill and assemble the rest of the sandwich.
- Scoop out the avocado and put it on a piece of bread.
- By then, your egg should probably be done so put it on top of the avocado. Then, stack the mushrooms/onions on top and add the cheese and the second piece of bread.
- Panini it & after it’s done, add some ketchup! Or don’t. I can’t eat a breakfast sandwich without ketchup, but maybe ketchup isn’t a huge part of your life like it is in mine…